Google Sheets is a powerful tool. When it comes to importing and connecting all the available data for marketing reports it is the go to solution for many marketers.
It’s very easy to do simple data cleaning like date transformations and removal of unwanted subsets of data.
This is often done as a step before visualising the data in either Google Sheets or other tools like Data Studio or Power BI.
This article will explain you how to get all your media costs (Facebook Ads, Google Ads, Bing Ads) loaded and matched with your Google Analytics and CRM data (optional) data so you can understand the CPA on each channel and campaign.
The advantages of looking at the data this way are:
- No more double counting of conversions in the different ad platforms (Google Ads conversions vs. Facebook Ads conversions).
- Non Google costs can be matched to Google Analytics data without a manual costs upload.
- Instead of giving credit to only the last touchpoint (the default in Google Analytics) you can understand which channels and campaigns work well at each touchpoint (multi-touch attribution)
To get started simply follow these steps
- Make a copy of this template
- Install the Windsor.ai Google Sheets add-on (skip this if you’ve installed the add-on)
- Login to the Windsor.ai sidebar with your credentials (Add-ons menu -> ad data + analytics – windsor.ai -> login)
- Launch the Windsor.ai sidebar (Add-ons menu -> ad data + analytics – windsor.ai -> get data into sheet)
- Select the metrics and dimensions you want to load and click Load
- Create a query like you can find in the cell A6 or in the cell A22 or work with the pivot table feature to create your reports