B2B or complex products involving sales teams
Types of tests
- Account-level: Running a whole account on a certain bidding strategy vs another on another bidding strategy
- Campaign level: Running various bids against each other with a 50/50 split on budget
Account-level bidding strategy test
Target CPA bids
Campaign level bid strategy test
Step 1: Set up an experiment draft in Google Ads
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- From the page menu on the left, click on Drafts & experiments, and click on Campaign Drafts.
- Click on the plus button (new draft).
- Name your draft the same as your original campaign, just append ‘_windsor’ at the end of the name, and click Save.
Step 2: Set up your experiment in Google Ads
- From the page menu on the left, click Drafts & experiments, then click Campaign Experiments at the top of the page.
- Click the plus button.
- Click Select draft, and select the draft you have set up in Step 1.
- Name your experiment the same as your original campaign, just append ‘_windsor_exp’ at the end of the name, and click Save.
- Choose a start date for your experiment.
- If you’d like to manually end your experiment, select None. Otherwise, choose an end date for your experiment. We recommend running experiments for at least 4 weeks.
- Allocate 50% of your budget to the experiment.
- For Search campaigns, under “Advanced options,” choose to split the experiment Search based.
- Click Save to finish creating the experiment.
Repeat Step 1 and Step 2 for all the campaigns you want to test.
Step 3: Filter the Windsor.ai bid optimiser to only optimise your experiment
After setting up the 50%/50% split we recommend waiting 7 days before doing the actual bid optimisations.
- Go to your Windsor.ai dashboard
- Head to the Optimise Bids Section and click on the three dot’s (see arrow)
- Click inside the filter box on the right side
- Add a filter to filter to only show campaigns ending with ‘_windsor_exp’
- Click Save
- Select overwrite existing chart and click Save