Earlier this year Google announced that the Average Position metric will be unavailable starting in October. While for most of our users it seems to still be available, we don’t know when it will actually stop working or how reliable it has been for the last few days.
Therefore Windsor.ai added a few new metrics for our Google Ads integration which should help you move away from the Average Position and improve the decision-making process:
- Search Top IS: top impressions / eligible top impressions
- Search Abs. Top IS: absolute top impressions / eligible absolute top impressions
- Impr. (Top) %: top impressions / total impressions
- Impr. (Abs. Top) %: absolute top impressions / total impressions
To help understand the new metrics:
- top impressions are those shown anywhere above the organic search results
- absolute top impressions are the ones shown as the very first ad above the organic search results
If you were using the Average Position in custom metrics or to customize the behavior of the bid optimiser, you may want to consider moving to the new metrics to keep your numbers reliable.
If you need any help with using the new metric, let us know in the chat!