- This topic is empty.
- February 6, 2020 at 12:18 pm #13137Matthias KraazKeymaster
The Windsor.ai platform supports API calls to retrieve and send information. In this article, we explain how to extract data and visualise it in Microsoft Power BI.
The prerequisites are:
- Windsor.ai account
- Windsor.ai API key
- Microsoft PowerBI (Important: This feature is only available on PowerBI on Windows)
Here are the steps required to load data into Microsoft Power BI
- In PowerBI open a new window and click on Get Data and then Web
- In the URL box enter your API query.
Here is an example query:
The highlighted fields:
pied_piper_llcshould be replaced with your username
pied_piper_llc_attributions_and_costsshould be replaced with the table you want to load
abcdshould be replaced with your API key
&_select=date,source,medium,campaign,sum:totalcostshould be replaced with the columns and metrics which you want to visualise
&_groupby=date,source,medium,campaignshould be replaced by the columns you want to group by
&_order=-dateshould be replaced by the columns you want to order by
- Click on To Table
- Keep the Select or enter delimiter dropdown to it’s defaul value None and click OK
- Click on the button with the two arrows to expand the columns
- Click on OK
- Rename the columns to your liking so it will be easy to work with them once they are available in Power BI as fields
- Click on Close & Apply
- Great! Now you have the data integartion set up and the data will be available in Power BI for visualisation. Let’s create a simple chart showing us spend over time. Click on the Line chart
- Fill date into axis and cost into values
- Repeat and add other charts and tables.