While Google Sheets is a good tool for small businesses, it does have its shortcomings. Connecting Google Sheets to Power BI, Tableau, or Google Data Studio can help overcome a few of its shortcomings.
As a Google Sheets user, you would know how it falls short of data visualization options. Also, if you’ve ever tried to import and analyze data, it must have been quite an exercise. Here we explain how you can easily connect Power BI to Google sheets in three easy steps.
How to set up Google Sheet for Power BI
You need to ensure the basics are in place to get marketing data into Google Sheets and enable Power BI to interact with it.
1. Files without names cannot be shared – so name your file
2. In sharing options, change the setting to ‘Anyone on the internet with this link can view
3. Click on ‘Publish to the web’ under the File option – it generates a URL
4. Copy the URL (and save it in notepad)
How to set up Power BI for importing data from Google Sheet
1. Open Power BI and click on ‘Home’
2. Under ‘Get Data’, select ‘Web’
3. Paste the Google Sheet URL in the pop-up window
4. Click OK
Now you will be able to see the Google sheets data in rows and columns in Power BI.
That’s how you connect Power BI to Google Sheets.
Importing marketing data into Google Sheets
You would not want to manually update data from different sources like SEO, Facebook, Linkedin, or Twitter analytics. It’s cumbersome and also prone to errors. Using Windsor.ai’s connectors can make importing data into Google Sheets a breeze.