Use this Power BI Salesforce Overview Report template to visualize your Salesforce Contacts in Power BI in a few clicks. You’ll have access to all Salesforce data and the whole process should not take you more than 5 minutes.
As a prerequisite to getting started you’ll need access to Salesforce. Please make sure that you have the necessary user rights to install an external app.
This template gets the following data:
The template can be customized with different fields, which you can find in available Salesforce data on a contact level.
It queries the data through our connector and makes it available in real-time. Follow the steps outlined below to get your data connection.
To get started
- Register or login if you already have an account.
- Select Salesforce account from the dropdown and remember to grant access.
- Copy your API Key from the “Select Destination” tab
The template is available both as
Choose your option:
- Click on Connect in the Connect your data section
- Enter your API key which you can get here. You can change the date range as well.
- On the next screen click on Sign In
Your data should be loading now. Depending on your data size this may take a minute or two.
If you would like to explore how the template on the Power BI desktop you can also download the latest version of the dashboard template in .PBIT format.
- After completing the process of registering and connecting your data from Step 1
- In the template on the start screen, paste your API Key from Step 1 like here
Important: You will need to change the fields to their types (e.g. date, decimals, whole numbers, …) to use them in aggregations (sums, averages, …) or date filters. For users in Europe and other countries where a comma is used for decimals please change the locale of the data to English.